Monday 6 April 2015

Walk from Meeanee to Taradale (Return) along part of the Rotary Pathway

The other day I took a walk from Meeanee to Taradales University campus (EIT).  My older son is studying here.  I took photos on the return trip as I was in a hurry getting there.


EIT in the background the half way point of my walk  


a view along the way

my walk was 6 km long 


a wide stile

part of the express way between Napier and the next city

the walkway goes under the express way

The Tutaekuri Rivef 

Toi Toi (a native New Zealand grass )


Meeanee and Taradale have lots of orchards and market gardens




As I was leaving I saw this apple picker working in the orchard 


Linking to  Unknown Mami

9 comments:

  1. What a great place for a walk or a run. Thanks for sharing the photos. I loved seeing all of the different things you saw along your walk.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long walk but a very pretty walk.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking :) I try to do 5 kms a day

      Delete
  3. How adventurous to walk that far! I believe I know where that bridge is ad we were out that way earlier in the year. I posted a church from Meeanee on my blog. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a beautiful and peaceful walk

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was :) I like walking in the country :)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful area for a stroll!

    ReplyDelete