Tuesday 31 March 2015

Two more pieces of Art at CAN

The other day I visited the art gallery again.  I found these two paintings of Napier :)  I like how they are both quite different yet show my city of Napier so beautifully.
This painting is looking out to sea possibly from Bluff Hill and shows the town clock in the forefront  


This painting shows two elegant art deco ladies in the Soundshell area.  Napier is the art deco captial of New Zealand.  To see more Art Deco photos search the label below :)    

Linking to Our World Tuesday Our World Tuesday Graphic

17 comments:

  1. I love Art Deco and think you are very lucky to live in the Art Deco capital of New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too Ive been here 10 years and cant see myself moving :)

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to catch an art exhibit or even see painters painting outdoors when the weather is nice. Happy Easter weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...it does look like a lovely city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely paintings! Very colorful and appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks William, Dina and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both paintings but I think the idea of having an Art Deco capital is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both beautiful paintings. I like the art deco style! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second one with the ladies talking. It is very beautiful and charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the paintings very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool paintings. They fit together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place to live. Makes me feel a little art deprived. Oh well we are here for the nature and the warm winters ...can't have everything. I love the Art Decp painting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Art Deco of the two women made me smile! It's hard for to believe some women actually dressed like that. :))

    ReplyDelete