Built in 1862. In 1931 (when the earthquake stuck) communion was being served, the church was completely destroyed. Only 1 person died. For 25 years there was a "temporary" wooden building. In 1946 it was decided that the church would be rebuilt. The foundation stone was laid 9 years later. The church was completed until 1965.
In the church's grounds there is a fountain and another war memorial. The fountain is known as the Tait Fountain. Named after the mayor of Napier from 1956 to 1974. The monumental cross was erected 50 years after the end of the 2nd world war in 1995.